I was raped on a business trip

I'm a 25 year old woman and advertising assistant for a fairly large company. Just a couple of weeks ago, the company sent me on an out of town business trip. My husband couldn't arrange his schedule to come with me, so I made the trip by myself.

On the last night before I was scheduled to return home, I went to bed early since my flight out was fairly early in the morning. I was asleep by ten o'clock. About an hour later, I was awakened by a naked man wearing a ski mask, grabbing me by my hair and putting his hand over my mouth. I tried to struggle, but he had me pinned to the bed and I couldn't move. He told me not to scream and to do what he said and I wouldn't be hurt. He tore off my nightgown and my panties, forced me to perform oral sex on him, and then raped me. When he was finished, he told me to wait ten minutes before I left the room.

When he was gone, I got up off the bed, dressed, and went to a nearby hospital to have a rape kit done. I filed a report with the police, then eventually flew back home. I don't even remember flying back home, but after I got home, I told my husband what had happened, and after having finally gotten it out, I cried while he held me. I returned to work, but right now I feel as though I am just going through the motions...I feel numb and depressed, and even though my husband is being supportive, I just wonder how long it will be before I start feeling like myself again.

You may be able to sue the hotel. It should be held accountable for your safety. That's what security, outside lighting, and room pass keys are for. What kind of lock was on the door? Did it require a pass key? If so, then the question is: how did the intruder get a copy? Did you use the dead bolt? You can't sue the company you work for unless it forced you to stay in a substandard hotel to save money. Your company couldn't foresee this happening and is not culpable. I'm really sorry that this happened to you.

I am sorry for your traumatic experience. I want to confess something myself. For years I have always had rape fantasies (im a guy), not violent ones, for lack of a better term, but rape fantasies nonetheless. I have had very healthy sexual relationships with my girlfriends, but in between girls when I am single again I get these recurring fantasies. It would tear me up inside because I am not a violent person and would never actually do anything to anyone. Recently, I have thought about it a lot, the problem of it I mean, and have done a lot of reading about rape survivors, rape trauma, all kinds of stuff. I feel that the media is partly to blame because often they make rape seem like an S&M game guys play with victims. They rarely depict it for what it really is, a terrifying degrading experience. I have recently read a story about a Brampton woman, Loretta Lavalley who was strangled raped and killed in her apartment while 911 listened in, the b****** killed her while the police were trying to get in. Then they had a clip of the 911 call. By the end of that call, I would never be the same again. What that poor woman went through is not erotic at all, the bed was soaked like a sponge with her blood. I urge any guy who has rape fantasies to listen to that call. I vomited 3 times the night I heard it, how can people do that to other people? Absolutely f****** disgusting and sick.

Don't waste your time suing your employer. Instead, sue the hotel chain that you stayed at. Have the police determined how the rapist gained entry into your room? Did they come to the hotel and take photos of the crime scene? Has the hotel offered any form of compensation in return for your agreement not to sue? Or are you you actually ashamed about having a hookup and are willing to see an innocent man go to jail when you were the one who said yes (and then regretted it)?

Sue your fairly large company as it wouldn't have happened at home. Take the proceeds from the lawsuit which is pretty much guaranteed-- the amount depends on how large your company is--and take your money and tell the world to F-off and enjoy.

That's awful. But don't let that idiot steal who you are. His act was vile and criminal. I hope you can recover soon. Even though you will never be able to forget don't let it define you for the rest of your life.

And when he performed oral sex on you, did he c** in your mouth? If so, did you swallow?

who the hell asks a question like that??? have some consideration you pig!

Did you c**, at least?

disgusting person to ask that! she was raped! how can you suggest that she enjoyed it for a moment?! get a life you pathetic sick loser!!!