I was date raped

I was sitting on the floor of the flat a bit more than tipsy, high for the first time, with the guy I liked sitting across from me (we'll call him B). One by one the people that had lead me to the flat had ditched me to get more 'supplies' elsewhere, I wanted to beg them to stay, but as a seemed side affect I was unable to speak, all I did was nod like an idiot and stayed glued to the floor. Suddenly B got up and left I assumed to join them. Which left me in a room, full of people, who I didn't know, in a area I was not sure how I got to (or where it even was for that matter) with no means of getting back to where I started, to make matters worse everyone seemed to be ignoring their phones. Asking for directions may have been probable at this point but when I finally did try to speak everything I said just came out as incoherent mumbles due to being increasingly terrified of the remaining people in the room (This shall be explained later). I switched to watching the T.V to take my mind off this predicament but my vision was so shaky I could barely make out something 3 feet away from me, my last resort was to read the book left next to me 'The Black Dahlia' which understandably did not help me being any less terrified. B finally replied to my text saying to go to his room, I stumbled my way there desperate for a way home and he closed the door behind me sat me on the bed and out of nowhere started confiding in me about his life to be honest I wasn't really listening I was to busy freaking out at the fact that I was in his room. But in my mind someone only confides in someone when you trust that person and are close to them so I felt I could tell him how far gone I am, I tell him what happened in the lounge, that I couldn't talk, everything looked shaky and for some reason I could only do what people told me to do, and when they spoke to me I had very little understanding of what they were saying. When I finished my rant he got up and locked the door, not with a key but with a s**** driver He said that sounds scary and gave me a hug, with that I started my second rant about needing to go home and I begged him to lead me to a bus stop, he said he needed to see someone in town in an hour so he'll take me then., then he laid me down on the bed all the while with me giving him a look of discomfort he told me it's fine and not to worry. At first I thought he was comforting me but when he started kissing me I felt vulnerable to his sexual overtures, I was rigid and stiff and in over my head. I didn't say no I just compiled I silenced my own boundaries and concerns because of fear. Sure I liked the guy but I didn't want that to happen not like that, not when I was not invcontrol, drugged up, and freaking out. When he was done he didn't take me to a bus stop, he just rolled over and went to sleep with nowhere to go I stayed, and just laid there sobbing. In the morning that's when he finally walked me down, I asked him what happened last night? he said "I don't really remember, I mean I got alittle emotional and you really made me want to cuddle you etc... lets just leave it I was just a bit out of it" so like a coward I left it, we didn't talk again after that (but not from lack of trying on my part sadly). Months later after the incident since he refused to give me so much as a nod and a wave (and going to that from talking everyday was quite harsh) I sent him a letter expressing how I thought what he did was sexual abuse and or date rape which I only wrote that because I felt he needed to know how that night affected me... and I thought I would never have to see him again but I do now he's going to the same Uni as me, in the same class. So I'm back to where I stared just being plain terrified and freaking out, minus the drugs. I don't know what to do I'm lost and alone I feel I have no where to place what I'm feeling, and that I have no right to feel in the first place.

I've seen several doctors about this and psychologists they're the ones told me that that's what it was it can also be called acquaintance rape, I think your referring to literally to the terminology if you look it up there are many different ways date rape can be interrupted, and if you had read the story he stopped talking to me before the letter, also he had a girlfriend no way I wouldve done it, sober or nought, I admit I wanted to but only when it felt appropriate... hell I was a virgin before this happened. besides all that an unwanted or otherwise painful sexual experience is a valid reason to hurt. Regardless ofcontext, details, or legality I didn't ask for this to happen. I even explained to him how I felt when I was high, how vulnerable I was and felt. He should have simply accepted that. To take advantage of that was a complete betrayal of my trust and not saying no is not the same thing as saying yes.

interpreted not interrupted sorry

sounds like you had a fling but changed your mind. Now it's rape.

If you didn't give consent clearly then it's rape. I'm not sure but intoxication clouds a person to give consent or not. I AM NO LAWYER. So you might want to do more research on that. And he raped you.... Sue his a**. Hahaha

Well u never told him no or to stop so it wasn't really rape. You were both partying probably f***** up, its obvious he felt sone kindbof connection to share emotional stuff with you. You admit you liked him and probably would have done it but u didn't want to that night because you didnt think you were in control and f***** up. Now Just because you felt uncomfortable and pressured doesn't mean you were raped it means u mad bad decisions and you didn't express yourself. As for your letter any woman who accuses a man of rape or date rape shoukd expect him to disappear and pretend you don't exsist. Why further the relationship and give you a chance to yell rape and get him into trouble.

by: iceman002

I think you should have gone to a medical checkup for one of those rape kits they have in hospitals. I suppose it's too late now.