I am an eighteen year old female student in England. I have been in a relationship for two years today, I am studying a subject I am fascinated by at a university I love.
I also have undiagnosed depression.
I cannot go to a doctor to get help because it would have implications for going to university, I am making myself physically sick because I'm unhappy and I don't have anyone to talk to about it.
My boyfriend treats me like an object and doesn't understand or take on board anything I say, he talks to me like a dog and I know that he is part of what is making me so unhappy.
But if he doesn't understand, how can I break up with him?
I need someone to talk to and there isn't anyone.
I should have everything going for me, but I'm considering how best to kill myself.

Report this

1 Comment

  • newest
  • oldest
  • most replies
  • most popular
  • A lot of people don't understand depression, and when you're feeling down and dark it's hard to ask for help. I'm not in England, so I don't quite understand how going to a doctor would jeopardize your studies. But if you aren't able to go find a doctor or therapist that can help you, then you have to help yourself. For starters, break up with this guy. No one should talk to you like you're a dog. People break up with people all the time. You can tell him it's not going anywhere. You'll probably be happier in the long run. Other things that can help improve your moods, go and get some exercise. Get those endorphins moving, it will make a huge difference. Eat healthy, avoid sugary drinks and alcohol and get plenty of sleep. Go out with your friends and laugh. Find a friend or someone you can trust and talk. They may not be able to offer a lot of advice, but maybe just someone who will listen can help. And always remember, things do pass. But if these little things don't help, then go to a free clinic or whatever and get the help you need.

Account Login
Is this post inapropriate?
Is this comment inapropriate?
Delete this post?