Where should I move to?
It's not really a confession, but I would like some anonymous advice. Here is the situation, I will try to make this as short as possible:
I have lived in southern CA all 21 years of my life and will be moving to a different state in January 1) to experience something new while im still young and not tied down by anything and 2) because colleges out here don't accept spring transfers and I want to make finishing school my main priority.
One of my best friends told me months ago and she wants to move to Nashville, TN because we both are obsessed with country music and the whole country scene, but still like the city feel (I know it sounds lame, but I really think I would love it). So I said that would be fun! But since the schools aren't that great out there I applied to Boise State and Washington State. 1) Boise State is a good school and I would get the whole "college experience" there and 2) Washington State, my dad lives there and I would be able to live with him and that family again, cheaper costs are a plus.
I have kind of ruled out Boise State since its the most expensive school and I wouldn't know anyone there, which scares me. Although it would be cool if my friend would move there with me, I am just afraid to ask her if she would be willing to move anywhere else since she has had her heart set on Nashville for months.
Washington (near Portland, OR)-
1) my dad, stepmom, bro, sis, and some other family live there
2) i would be able to live at home with no rent being charged (i am tired of being broke all the time, and would like to have some more money for fun while im still young and can)
3) i would be able to focus more on school and take more classes because i wouldnt have to work so much.
4) i would be able to come back and visit my mom and other friends in Cali more often since my dad gets free miles and would fly me out or friends in every few months (would not be able to visit at all in Nashville since plane tickets are so expensive since its so much farther and my dad will only help me if i live with him. and more difficult to get time off work).
5) my dad would help me with moving costs (not if i choose anywhere else)
1) would get to live with one of my best friends in a new city together
2) country music capitol of the world
3) new experience on my own
4) COMPLETELY different from San Diego
A few things i would like to mention:
1) If I choose anywhere but my dads, he will not help out with expenses (he will pay for my school, but nothing else).
2) I will be using ALL my savings to move there and would be stuck there even if I hate it.
3) My friends parents are both rich and help her out with everything and will fly her where ever she wants to go monthly if thats what she wanted. If she hates it they will help her to move back immediately. So this move is a little bit more important for me, since I have more to loose.
Thats the most important points, i hope at least 1 person takes the time to read since I am in a horrible dilemma and would like someones advice.. thank you so much in advance for reading and putting in your 2 cents.